- Payment Options
- Building Permits
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Contact Us
Calendar of Events
No matter what the season, there is always something going on in the City of West Point. Keeping our residents informed of scheduled events and local happenings is important.
Know of an upcoming event that we need to add? Give us a call or send us an email and we will be happy to add it for you.
2020 Sweet Corn Festival -CANCELLED!
The people of West Point deserve many congratulations. Without their commitment to the Sweet Corn Festival, it could never have soared to its present level of success. The West Point Community Club, the Corn Festival's sponsor, assigns a three hour shift to set up, serve, cook, clean up or to chair a particular festival event to every community member and even some volunteers from surrounding communities. On the Wednesday evening before the Festival, most of the town, and many from out of town, show up to help shuck the corn at what is now called "Shuck Fest". Food, drinks and prizes are now served up at "Shuck Fest" which is sponsored by two local businesses - Merschman Seeds Inc. & Lee County Bank & Trust. Also, volunteers work most of the week to set up the corn cooker, chicken pit, bleachers and stage. The Sweet Corn Festival also has a four to six couple committee that volunteers to organize the Festival for two years at a time.
As always, the Festival promises to be a fun time for the entire family. There is always something for everyone, from arts, crafts and carnival rides to bingo in the park! Below are some events that take place every year:
• Free hot, buttered sweet corn is served throughout the festival.
• Barbequed pork chop dinners are available Thursday evening.
• Barbequed chicken dinners are available Friday through Sunday.
• The main stage provides several free entertainment events including: The queen coronation, local dance team performances, sweet corn eating contest, pee-wee drags, junior water fights, horseshoe tournament.
• There are assorted craft booths, bingo and many more items to browse in the park.
• Saturday evening musical entertainment, performs at the main stage.
• A 5k and 10k walk/run takes place Saturday morning.
• A large parade makes it's way through the streets Sunday at noon and mini-tractor pulls roll in Sunday afternoon.
IARBGAR Bike Ride
Begins: 9/19/2020 - 1:00 P.M.
Registration 12:00 Noon - 1:00 P.M. @ West Point City Square Park.
Departure: 1:00 P.M.
Cost: $20.00 Per Rider
Route:6 Stops along the way
All money raised will go to the West Point Community Club.
City Wide Garage Sales * NEW DATE*
Begins: 9/26/2020 - 7:00 AM
Due to the Covid 19 pandemic. Our City WIde Sales have been re-scheduled to September 26th.